Yesterday, while scrolling through my google reader, I stumbled across a post that really caught my eye. Smitten Blog Designs posted some adorable free printables to make your own at home menu board. I've always wanted to have one in my kitchen so I decided to print it out for myself (not to mention that I have another good excuse to put my Costco pack of dry erase markers to use). This template matched my kitchen the best out of the three designs provided.
These are all the supplies that you need (I forgot to include the glue stick in the picture):
I got this frame from the Crate & Barrel Outlet by my house. Originally $44.95, I got it for $6.95! The best part about it is that I don't have to deal with any screws or hinges to put in a picture. See those two metals dots on the top and bottom? They're magnetic. All I have to do to open the frame is push through the hole on the back and the glass pops right out.
- one menu template, printed out from here (courtesy of Smitten Blog Designs)
- construction paper in the color of your choice, big enough to cover your entire frame
- glue stick
- an 10"x12" frame (you can use an 8"x10" if you don't want a background)
- Cut the construction paper to fill the entire frame, 10"x12".
- Glue the menu on top of the construction paper, centered.
- Put the paper into the frame.
- Use a dry erase marker to write on top of the glass. Erase and write a new menu every week.